Hosted by Should Be Reading
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits. • Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s). • What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it! • Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it. • Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us! • Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Earlier this week I read a great post from Musings From A Book Mammal which I am now going to shamelessly borrow as the basis of my Musing Mondays.
Which Reading Species Are YOU?
This chart was originally and creatively produced by Laura E. Kelly with this graphic. (Click to view at original large size.)
Visit Laura-e-Kelly.com for more about books, reading, and authors.
Here is where I come on the chart, what about you?
Class: Book Lover
Genus: Book Cherisher (Books as love objects cherished)
- The Book Worshiper – if I lend you a book, don’t return it to me with the spine creased, pages turned down or bits of unidentifiable food trapped between the pages. I only lend books to those I trust ever since one of my much loved books had clearly been treated to an unwanted bath!
- The Hoarder – I have way too many books to read (especially since I got a kindle 3 years ago!)
- The Chronological Reader – I don’t understand how anyone can skip to the end. I rarely DNR a book and that is usually because I have picked something with a subject I don’t like. I prefer to read a series of books in order but have become a little more relaxed around this recently but once I find one I like it is back to the beginning and keep going until they have all been read!
- Omnireader – I do find myself reading all sorts of things if I don’t have a book to hand, including the backs of packets of food.
- The Book Swagger – this has developed more recently where older books that I wanted to read, get pushed down the list as the real prize is reading those that only a few other people have read. Even more so if they are free leaving me more money to fill my kindle with books I don’t have time to read!!
- The Kindle Convert – I still love physical books, I love the crispness of a brand new book, I like lending my books (as long as they go to people who will care for them) and I like having them on my shelf but…. for reading everywhere and anywhere the kindle is just so handy and I would be so sad if anything ever happened to it.
- The Sharer Screamer -I have been known to leave books in places where others can pick them up to read but again this has lessened with the advent of the kindle. I share good books with those friends I have who love reading and of course on my blog!
- None of the suggested I guess I love a good story and really don’t care what it says about me.
So which type of reader are YOU?