Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser this week is from Equilibrium by Evie Woolmore
Epiphany and Martha are sisters with a stage mediumship act in Edwardian London. When they are asked to give a private spiritualist reading at the home of Lady Adelia Lyward to find out the truth about her brother’s death, Martha must face up to her past. For two years ago, her affair with Lord Rafe Lyward ended in pregnant disgrace, and her attempted suicide in the River Thames. But there is more at stake than Martha’s anonymous return, for Epiphany bears the burden of restoring the equilibrium, not just to the Lywards but to her sister and ultimately to herself.
Equilibrium has been awarded the Awesome Indies Seal of Approval, and is a recommended read by the Historical Novel Society.
Adelia found the whole concoction too sweet, but it provided ample nourishment for the ladies’ empty wittering in the drawing room afterwards, and saved her from struggling to find something else to talk to them about.
There is some social advantage in keeping a temperamental artiste de la cuisine below stairs.
- Teaser Tuesday (September 24) (myjourneywithdepression.wordpress.com)
- Teaser Tuesdays – The Tiger’s Wife (nishitak.com)
- allonymbooks: quality, independent publishing of excellent fiction (allonymbooks.com)