The Classics Club is holding its 19th Spin.
The idea is to list 20 of the books on your Classics Club list before 27 November 2018 when the wheel will turn and reveal the winning number. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by 31 January 2019.
With that extra reading time the organisers strongly suggest we put all our chunksters on this list but since I didn’t fill my list with fat books to begin with I don’t think I have twenty to add here..
So here we go, this is my list!
1. Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
2. The Hireling by L.P. Hartley
3. Sunset Song by Lewis Grassic Gibbon
4. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
5. A Wreath of Roses by Elizabeth Taylor
6. The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
7. The Long View by Elizabeth Jane Howard
8. Barsetshire Chronicles (The Warden) by Anthony Trollope
9. Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
10. The Lark by E Nesbit
11. East Lynne by Henry James
12. The Dubliners – James Joyce
13. Bleak House by Charles Dickens
14. We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
15. Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
16. Chocky by John Wyndham
17. The Gowk Storm by Nancy Brysson Morrison
18. Sussex Downs Murder by John Bude
19. Saplings by Noel Streatfeild
20. Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolfe
I still have a sufficient mix on the outstanding reads to mean that these spins don’t hold too much terror.
What book do you recommend from this latest list?
Tune in next week to see what the result was.