Well April has turned from wintery to summery weather in the blink of an eye and it’s the weekend! I’m hoping to get some al fresco reading done for the first time this year which will be lovely!
I recently found this this currently reading tag on No Read’s Too Great and I thought I’d give it a go.
1. How many books do you usually read at once?
I usually only manage to read 1 book at a time but part of my New Year Reading Resolutions was to read a non-fiction book each month and surprisingly at the moment I have a non-fiction read, a short story read and a fiction book all in progress – go me!
2. If you’re reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when to switch books?
I read the non-fiction as a day-time read, the fiction is my bed-time reading (a habit I’ve maintained from early childhood) but if I’m very tired I’ll read one of the short stories.
3. Do you ever switch bookmarks while you’re partway through a book?
Only if I loose the first one! I have many beautiful bookmarks to my name but often I use the closest piece of paper to hand so I have all sort of random things saving my place for me, although of course the kindle doesn’t require a bookmark.
4. Where do you keep the book(s) you’re currently reading?
The non-fiction book is on the table by ‘my chair’ along with library books whereas my kindle tends to be with me at all times!
5. What time of day do you spend the most time reading?
In the evening/night time – I’m at work all day and although my kindle travels with me it is a rare day that I pick it up before I get home.
6. How long do you typically read in one sitting?
I read most on the weekend and these sessions will last as long as I don’t need to do anything else but typically about an hour at a stretch. At night-time it is until my eyes droop!
7. Do you read hardbacks with the dust jacket on or off?
I don’t read that many hardbacks as they are too heavy to read in bed but if I do it is dust jacket on.
8. What position do you mainly use to read?
Usually propped up in bed resting the book on my bent knees – although apparently this is annoying if someone else is in bed, so if I’m being accommodating I lie on my side.
9. Do you take the book you’re currently reading with you everywhere you go?
If it’s on my kindle yes as that travels with me!
10. How often do you update your Goodreads progress on the book you’re currently reading?
I only update my Goodreads when I’ve written my review – nine times out of ten I haven’t even marked it as to be read!
So that’s my reading habits – let me know your answers if you care to join in with this tag.