The rules for the Dragon Loyalty Award are:
1.Display the award certificate on your website.
2.Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award.
3.Present the award to 10 deserving bloggers.
4.Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
5.Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
There are so many fantastic bloggers who deserve this award and who have helped me in my blogging adventure. Not everyone enjoys these awards which I totally understand but please do check out the blogs listed below:
7. Book’d Out
Now to be honest I don’t have seven new facts so I am cheating and sharing some of the facts from previous awards
I’m not really sure that they can be classed as interesting but here we go….
1. I live in Jersey the largest of the Channel Islands situated between UK and France.
This photo of St Aubin is courtesy of TripAdvisor
This is the fact that intrigues everyone the most judging by the comments. Jersey is an island just 9 miles by 5 but it has a population of approximately 85,000 people. It is a beautiful place to live and the view from my office window is across the bay which is lovely when everything else is not!
2. I work in a company that specialises in Intellectual Property although I work mainly with Patents in my current job within the legal department.
3. I have no idea about geography, my sense of direction is so bad I get confused about which way to go when I leave shops! Taking my children to birthday parties when they were small was always difficult (no GPS then) and invariably involved driving to the sea so that I could find somewhere that I recognised. See point 1 it is lucky the island is only 9 miles X 5 miles so it didn’t take too long!
picture courtesy nortonautogroup.com
4. I check my stats on my blog oftenand although I like to see how many people have visited I get really excited when someone from a new country visits – thank you whoever it was who came from Mozambique yesterday!
I kid myself that I do this as self-improvement for point 3 (I think it may be another example of being a little bit sad)
5. I am horrible until I have had a nice cup of coffee (or 3) every morning.
6.People Watching, I am fascinated by people, there is little I enjoy more than sitting with a cup of coffee (see point 5) and watch/listen to people. This is quite hazardous on a small island because you can rarely go anywhere where someone doesn’t know you and it is considered rude to listen to people you know sharing secrets!
7. Finally I love reading! Who’d have guessed eh? Nothing makes me happier than discovering a new book that takes me to my happy place or better still a new author who ‘speaks to me!’ Consequently my TBR is now as big as a mountain!